Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Share the Love Series #1: Wanna Ride?


It struck me as odd today at how much a car ride can mean to some people.

I usually try and give rides to the ladies I see walking down my road when I drive by, at least to the main road or to their houses. The other day I gave a ride to a woman who lives nearby my house. When we came to her stop, she didn't know how to get out of the car! She had no idea how to use a door handle! At first I kind of giggled at her. But once she got out, I was just in awe: that this was her first time ever to ride in a car!

I was reminded of it again this evening when I offered to give a ride home to some of my CTT girls after our meeting at my house. We went right past the stop for 2 of the girls, but they wanted to wait until after we'd dropped the furthest girl. Then, as I returned to my house and passed their stop again, they would get out. They simply were in it for the joy of the ride.

I don't know if I'll ever really understand how much it means to them to ride in my car, but it makes me really happy to be able to share something so simple with them.

If I speak the language of the people around me and even of the angels, but have not love, I am only a kaa-ing crow or croaking frog...who cares what I have to say?
1 Corinthians 13:1 (JMM:)

No comments: