Monday, August 17, 2009

Declaring His Wonders!

Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare."
Psalm 40:5

I've been struggling with trusting God with my burdens this week. I think I started trying to do too many things on my own and just sort of forgot how faithful God was in the past, how He's never failed me. So, this is me remembering just a small handful of awesome things He's done in my life...to help me remember...

  1. My junior year of high school I felt so alone...I longed for a friend who was hungry for God like I was. I began praying that God would give me a friend who felt the same way I did. He did! 6 months after I started praying, He gave me Danny, Adam, & Bryan from Chillicothe; the first group of friends I ever had who were just truly on fire for God. Their passion for the Lord changed my life.
  2. About every semester in college I struggled with some kind of illness, from nodules on my vocal chords, carpal tunnel, acid reflux, torn cartilage in my knee, foot problems...many were never fully diagnosed. But, as I daily gave those parts of my body to Him, He was faithful and healed me. He really did. And He taught me that they were His all along...not my own.
  3. In high school I learned that one of my cousins didn't really know the Savior personally. I shared with him and began praying so earnestly...and God reached down and changed His life! He's now growing as a godly man!
  4. He's given me some of the best girlfriends a girl could ever ask for...ladies who challenge me and uplift me, pray for me and just listen...Heather, Amy Jo, Maike, Pattie, Rachel, Betsy, Michelle...
  5. He's blessed me with an awesome family, who love the Lord and are my best friends.
  6. I moved to South Asia and constantly begged God to teach me the language. I knew I couldn't learn it on my own...but He would have to teach me. And I just expected Him to do it. I never really thought He wouldn't teach me. And He was faithful...Now I speak all day long in our language as I disciple girls and share with others in nothing but the local language.
  7. I also didn't understand the people when I first came here, but as He taught me language, He also gave me a peak into their hearts. I can now freely share in a way that I know people understand...and it's so cool to see them respond to Him as He has enabled me to speak what they need to hear.
  8. I yearned to disciple a woman, as so many women had poured into me. I prayed for years and asked God to give me one to disciple, then years later, maybe even 2 or 3. He's now given me 10!
  9. One of my best friends became a believer...I prayed for so long that the Lord would lead her to be dunked in the water in obedience to Him and to break her free from the chains that were holding her back in sharing with her family. She finally did last June and is boldly proclaiming now!
  10. We needed testing groups for our project. I prayed and trusted the Lord to provide...and He did! He gave all of us groups, and I especially got to be involved in 2 groups...that are still continually hearing the Good News! And our project was completed!!! Something ONLY God could finish.
  11. I asked Him to give me the desires of His heart, to make me desire what He does. And He gave me some truly awesome, godly people to pour into my life, guiding me in the Truth and pointing out lies I was believing. I'm so thankful for Nicky, Danette, Jan, Steve, Mark, Lelanette, Pattie, Heather and the list goes on...
  12. I have never been alone. Not only is Jesus always with me, but He's also given me like-minded partners, who sought the Lord together with me and helped keep my walk upright...Betsy, Michelle, Kayla, Brandon, Dave...
I will stop there, but I could go on. I just needed to remind myself to "wait patiently for the Lord," for he will turn to me and hear my cry, lift me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire, and set my feet on a rock and give me a firm place to stand and put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God! Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord (Psalm 40)!

I will trust in Him.

You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay.
Psalm 40:17

No comments: